One of the most common issues that PS4 users face with their gaming consoles is the problem of connecting to the cable internet. While some users are able to overcome the issue with little know-how, however, if you are unable to overcome the issue, you can follow the workarounds provided below. The following guide will help you know the different ways you can tackle the problem when your PS4 when your PS4 LAN cable internet connection failed.
Ways to “Fix PS4 LAN Cable Internet Connection Failed” Problem
As there can be numerous reasons responsible for causing cable internet connectivity issues with your PS4, it can be a bit difficult to overcome the problem. While sometimes the problem is caused due to outdated PS4 firmware, sometimes it occurs when you are using a faulty cable or Ethernet port.
restart your Router
One of the best ways to overcome the internet connectivity issue with your PS4 LAN cable is to reboot the router. For this, you will simply need to unplug the power cable of the router and re-plug it after a couple of seconds. Here are the steps that you will need to follow.
- Go to the Settings section and select the Network
- Next, you will need to select the set Up Internet Connection and choose the Use a LAN Cable
- After that, you will need to press the “Easy” option.
- Selecting the “Easy” option will display the “Internet Settings Updated” message.
NOTE: In case this workaround doesn’t help, consider rebooting both the router and PS4.
Try Inserting the LAN CableHalfway Into the Port
Users who have a damaged PS4 LAN port can consider following this method. In this workaround, all you have to do is follow these steps.
- Firstly, you will need to insert the LAN cable halfway into the port and not completely.
- You will need to make sure that you enter the cable just before you hear the “click” sound. You may need to do it a couple of times to get it right.
- Following this method should most likely help your PS4 identify the cable.
- However, if this method doesn’t help, move to the next method.
Consider Changing the DNS Settings on PS4
Sometimes replacing the DNS (Domain Name System)DNS of Google or Cloudflare can help find the issue. Also, it can help enhance the internet speed significantly. Below are the steps that you will need to follow.
- To begin with, you will need to go to the Settings
- In the Settings section, you will need to go to the Network section, and then to the Setup internet connection
- Next, you will need to select the LAN Cable option and then choose the Custom
- Then, you will need to select the Automatic IP address settings and make sure that you don’t mention DHCP Hostname.
- After that, you will need to select the Manual option under the DNS Settings.
- Now, you will need to enter (22.214.171.124) and (126.96.36.199) for Primary and Secondary DNS
- Then, you will need to select the Automatic option under the MTU Settings
- For Proxy Server, you will need to select the Do not use
- Now, you can check whether or not the internet connection is fixed for your PS4.
Consider Configuring a Static IP Address for PS4
If you are not able to fix the issue with Method 3, you can consider configuring a Static IP address for your PS4. This is because like dynamic IPs, static IPs are permanent and don’t get changed when you restart your router. In such a case, you will need to change the local IP of your PS4 local IP. And, don’t worry as your public IP address will not get changed following this method.
- Firstly, navigate to the Settings>Network>View Connection Status
- Next, you will need to note down the IP address, Default Gateway, and Subnet Mask. Then, return to the previous section.
- After that, you will need to navigate to the Set Up Internet Connection section and select the Use a LAN Cable
- Then, you will need to select the Custom option, and then choose the Manual option on the next screen.
- Now, you will need to enter your IP address. And, remember that you are not required to enter the exact IP. You just need to enter the first three numbers of your IP address. You can then select any number from 2 to 255 for the last number section.
- Once you have entered the IP, you will need to enter the earlier noted –Subnet Mask, and Default gateway in the relevant fields.
- You can consider choosing from the following:
- Proxy Server: Do Not Use
- After that, you will need to test your internet connection to know if it is working with your PS4 or not.
Consider Rebuilding Your PS4 Database
Sometimes, rebuilding the database can also help fix the LAN cable issue with your PS4. This process may take anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour as it depends on the fact as to how much data is available on the drive. Here are the steps that you will need to follow to rebuild the database on your PS4.
- Once you have turned off your PS4, you will need to press the power button until you hear the second beep. Doing so will boot your PS4 in safe mode.
- Now, you will need to connect your PS4 controller using a Micro USB cable.
- Next, you will need to press the PlayStation button on your controller and use D-Pad to scroll down, In the bottom section, you will then need to select the ”Rebuild Database” option using the X
- As you will press the X button, a loading process will appear on your screen. Here, you will need to wait until the process gets completed. You will then be directed to the home screen.
- After that, you will need to sign in to your account and connect the PS4 using the LAN cable. The problem should get cleared.
NOTE: In case you don’t find your purchased games in the library, you can restore them by following these steps:
- Firstly, you will need to ensure that you are logged into the PlayStation Network.
- Next, you will need to go to theSettings section and select the Account Management
- Under the Account Management section, you will need to go to the restore Licenses section and select the Restore And, you are done.
So, these are the workarounds that you can follow to fix the LAN cable internet connection issue with your Play Station 4.