If you are using a wireless router, sooner or later, you are sure to find one or the other problems related to the Internet connection. One of the most common issues users generally face with their router is finding the LED on your router blinking.
As routers do not have any display screen to alert about any issue with their router, it notifies by making the LED light blinking. If you ever find the Internet LED blinking on your router, then it is most likely to be related to the problem of Internet connectivity.
In such a case, below are some of the troubleshooting steps to get rid of the blinking Internet LED light on your router.
Ways to Fix the Issue With Internet Light Blinking on Router
Check the Connection Between Router and Modem
When there is an issue with the connection between the router and the modem, then the router will not receive the Internet network from the modem. Resultantly, the Internet LED would start to blink on the router.
- Firstly, it is suggested to check the USB cable connected between your router and the modem.
- If you notice any fault with the USB cable, consider replacing it with a new one.
- Next, you will need to ensure that the USB cable from the modem is connected to the right WAN port of your router.
- If the connection seems to be perfect and still if the Internet LED is blinking, then perform the next troubleshooting step.
Restart the router and modem:
- Start by turning off the router and the modem and unplug from power adapters.
- Next, you will need to remove the cable connection between them.
- Once disconnected, you will need to wait for a few minutes.
- Then, you will need to connect the Ethernet cable between the WAN port and modem of the router.
- After that, you will need to connect the power adapter to your modem and switch it on. Then, you will need to boot it up completely.
- After that, you will need to connect the power adapter to the router and enable it.
- Now, check whether or not the Internet LED blinking issue has been cleared.
- Follow these steps to fix the internet light blinking on the router.
Check the modem:
- Instead of connecting your router with the, you can also consider connecting directly to the modem with an Ethernet cable. Then, check if you can access the Internet.
- If you are able to access the internet, it implies that there is no issue with your modem or Internet Service Provider.
- If you are unable to access the internet, it is suggested to check with your Internet Service Provider for any outage or connectivity issue.
Upgrade Router Firmware
- In case you find the USB cable to be defective, consider replacing it with a new one.
- If the firmware of the router appears to be outdated, then you could find such types of issues.
- In such a case, it is suggested to download the latest router firmware from the official site of the manufacturer. Of course, you will need to use a working internet connection for it.
- Once you are done downloading the firmware, you will need to connect it to your router with your computer. For this, you will need to access the web interface of the router and update the firmware.
- After that, you will need to connect the router to the modem and verify if the Internet LED blinking issue is fixed.
Reset Your Router
In case you are unable to overcome the issue by following the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, the last option you can consider is to reset the router.
- Start by locating the Reset button on your router.
NOTE:A Reset button is generally a button with a sharp needle-type object.
- Once located, you will need to press the Reset button for a few seconds. Doing so will reboot the router.
- Now, you can check whether or not the LED blinking issue is fixed on your router.
So, these are the different workarounds that you will need to follow to overcome the internet light blinking issue on your Router.