When there are so many online accounts to manage online, it is quite difficult to remember the password of every account. Well, if you facing the same situation with your CenturyLink account or WiFI and you don’t remember or wish to change your CenturyLink Account/WiFi password, you can do so easily by following step by step instructions provided in this guide.
Guide to Reset CenturyLink WiFi Password When you Forget it
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to the CenturyLink sign-in
- Once you are on the sign-in page, you will need to click on the Forgot User Name or Password As you will click on the link, you will be directed to the next page where you will be prompted to enter your CenturyLink User Name.
- In the My CenturyLink User Name field, you will need to enter your account username and click on the Next
- As you will click on the Next button, you will be directed to the next screen where you will need to follow the on-screen prompts to reset your CenturyLink account password.
In case you are looking to change your CenturyLink WiFi Password, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
Steps to Change CenturyLink WiFi Password
NOTE: The following information is applicable to newer CenturyLink modems.
- Start by connecting your device such as a computer or tablet directly to your CenturyLink modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Once you have connected your modem to your device, you will need to open a web browser and enter – http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
- Once you have entered it, you will need to sign in to the settings section (GUI) of your modem using the Administrator’s login credentials (Username and Password). Then, you will need to select the “Apply” option. You will be able to find the login information on the modem’s sticker unless you have changed the default settings.
- Next, you will need to select the “Wireless Setup” option and then select the “Wireless Security” option from the left-hand sidebar.
- Then, you will need to select the name of the network name which you wish to edit. You can locate the SSID on the side label of your modem.
- After that, you will need to select the desired “Security Type“.
NOTE: Make sure to use the strongest encryption which is compatible with your network. You should use WEP only when your devices are NOT WPA compatible.
- Now, you will need to select the desired Authentication Type. Though you select any option it is recommended to select Open options from the given options.
- Then, from here you will be able to select the option to keep the default security key or go with the option to create a custom key/passphrase. If you wish to keep the default, you can skip to the last step (#10). However, if you chose to create a custom security key, you will need to select either 64 bits or 128 bits and enter your desired passphrase in the box. Here, you will need to make sure that you noted down your passphrase somewhere safe so that you can use it if you ever forget it. You’ll need to enter this passphrase to connect devices to your WiFi network.
NOTE: If you choose 64 bits, it is suggested to enter 10 characters. However, if you choose 128 bits, you will need to enter 26 characters. Also, you should remember that characters can only contain letters between A-F and numbers between 0-9 without spaces.
- Finally, you will need to select the “Apply” option to save your changes.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to easily change your CenturyLink WiFi Password.