CenturyLink is a trusted internet service for residential and small businesses in the United States. The company provides high-speed internet service through fiber, copper, etc. Regarding area coverage, it is also the 3rd-largest DSL internet provider in the country.
Your CenturyLink WiFi password is the key to keeping your home network secure. If you think someone else might know your password or want to make it more secure, you can change it anytime.
There are two ways to change your CenturyLink Wi-Fi password:
- My CenturyLink website
- CenturyLink app.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of changing your CenturyLink WiFi password to enhance the security of your network. So, stick to the end of this guide and prevent people from leeching off your data.
To change your Wi-Fi password through the My CenturyLink website
If you haven’t changed your CenturyLink internet password after purchasing the equipment, here’s how to change your CenturyLink Wi-Fi password through the CenturyLink website. Follow these steps:
- Go to the My CenturyLink website: centurylink.com/myaccount.
- Sign in to your CenturyLink account using your username and password.
- Click on the Services tab.
- Under Internet and WiFi, click on WiFi Networks.
- Click on the Edit WiFi info link next to the network whose password you want to change.
- It will prompt you to enter the password.
- Enter your new password and click Save.
By changing your CenturyLink Wi-Fi password regularly, you can strengthen the security of your network and protect your personal information. Remember to choose a strong password and update it periodically to maintain optimal security.
How to Change Your CenturyLink WiFi Password through the CenturyLink app
Here is how to change your CenturyLink wireless network password via the CenturyLink app:
- Visit your device’s app store (Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS).
- Search for the CenturyLink app and install it on your device.
- Launch the app after installation.
- Enter your CenturyLink account credentials (username and password) to log in. (If you don’t have an account, you may need to create one by following the on-screen instructions.)
- Go to the Control your WiFi section and select the Networks option.
- A list of available networks will turn up. Select your network from the list and tap on it.
- Next, you need to tap the Change Network Settings option.
- On the new screen, select New Password.
- Enter the password and tap the Save Changes button.
Once you have changed your Wi-Fi password, you must reconnect all your devices to the network using the new password.
Both the above methods are easy-to-follow. While creating a new password, pay attention to these details – Make sure your password contains numbers, alphabets, and special characters, and it should be 8 to 63 characters long.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should change your CenturyLink Wi-Fi password for a few reasons. For example, you may change it if you think someone else knows your current password or want to make it more secure. You may also want to change it if you have recently purchased a new router or modem.
We recommend you change your Wi-Fi password every few months or whenever you suspect a security breach. Regularly changing your password enhances the security of your network.
If you have forgotten your CenturyLink Wi-Fi password, you can reset it through the My CenturyLink website or by calling CenturyLink customer support.
Yes, you can use a passphrase for your CenturyLink Wi-Fi network. A passphrase is a long string of words that can be easier to remember while providing strong security. Ensure that your chosen passphrase is not easily guessable or widely known.