From streaming and downloading videos from the web to configuring your recordings and managing TiVo services, a Mediacom TiVo remote control can be used in a lot of different ways. However, to use your Mediacom remote, you will first need to program the Mediacom remote to the TV. To know how to program Mediacom remote to the TV, follow the information provided below.
Guide to Program Mediacom Remote to TV
- To begin with, you will first need to go to the TiVo Central In the TiVo Central section, you will need to select the Settings & Messages option. This will open a menu on your screen.
- From the menu that will appear on your screen, you will need to select the Remote, CableCARD, & Devices This will direct you to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the Remote Control Setup
- Then, you will need to select the Set TV Power, Volume, and Mute This will direct you to the next screen where you will see the list of different brands.
- On the next screen, you will need to scroll down to select the brand of your TV.
- After that, you will need to follow the instructions provided for your select TV brand.
- You can repeat steps 5 and 6 to program your remote to change TV inputs and to control the volume on your AV receiver if you wish to.
- Now, if you wish to change the trick play features for the Advance and Replay buttons on the remote, you will need to select the ADVANCE & REPLAYButton Behaviors, and then you can make your preferred selection.
- Then, you will need to select the Remote Control Pairing Doing so will direct you to the next screen where you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to pair the remote with a particular TiVo device.
- Once you are done follow the on-screen instructions your Mediacom remote will be programmed to TV.
If you ever wish to unpair the remote, you can do so easily by following the below-mentioned instructions.
- Start by pressing and holding the TiVo and TV Power buttons until you see the activity indicator lights glow red.
- Once the activity indicator lights glow red, you will need to press the thumbs Down (red) three times.
- After pressing the thumbs down button thrice, you will need to press the Enter button located on the lower-right side.
- As you will press the Enter button, you will see that the activity indicator is flashing red light three times.
- The flashing of the activity indicator red light three times means that the un-pairing process has been completed successfully.
- You will now have to program and pair the device to the TV and Mediacom TiVo box once again if you wish to use it.
To Reset the Programmable Buttons
If you wish to reset all programmable buttons such as TV PWR, INPUT, VOLUME, and MUTE, you can do so easily by following the instructions provided below. The following instructions will reset the settings to default ones.
- To begin with, you will first need to point the remote control away from your DVR.
- Next, you will need to press and hold the TV PWR and TiVo buttons at the same time until you see the ACTIVITY LIGHT on the remote is glowing and remaining lit when you release the buttons.
- After that, all you need to do is press the THUMBS DOWN button (6) three times and then press the ENTER button (7).
Mediacom TiVo is a “Learning” Remote
Mediacom TiVo is a learning remote which means that it is capable of reading and storing functions from other remotes. In case you couldn’t find a code that works with the programming procedure, you can try using the following method.
- Start by pressing the TiVo button and SELECT button (3) at the same time, and make sure to hold them for three to five seconds until you see the ACTIVITY LIGHT remains glowing. This means that your remote is in “learning mode”.
- Now, you will need to press and release the button you wish to learn from the TV or A/V receiver remote (such as TV PWR). This will make the ACTIVITY LIGHT to flash once and remain glowing.
- Next, you will need to point the remotes directly at each other. Make sure to keep them four inches closer to each other.
- Then, you will need to press the corresponding button on the TV or AV receiver remote (such as Power).
- If the learning process would have completed successfully, you will see the ACTIVITY LIGHT flashing four times. However, if the learning process is not completed successfully, the light will blink 10 times very equally.
- You will now need to repeat Steps 2 to 4 for any additional buttons.
NOTE: The VOL UP and VOL DOWN are separate buttons in learning mode.
- Once you are done, you will need to press the TiVo button to return from the learning mode to normal operation.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to program the Mediacom remote to the TV.