Whether you don’t find the Cox internet service useful or there is any personal reason, if you ever wish to cancel your Cox Internet Service, you can do so easily by following the information provided below. The following guide will suggest to you the appropriate ways to terminate Cox Internet service and what to keep in mind before doing so.
Guide to Terminate Your Cox Internet Service
When Moving to Another Location
If you are moving to some other location and the service is offered by Cox internet, instead of getting your Cox Internet Services disconnected, you can get them transferred to your new place. To move your services to the new place, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer, and go to the Move Cox Services page using the URL – https://www.cox.com/residential/move.html.
- Once you are on the Move Cox Services page, you will need to enter your Service address in the provider field and click on the Check Availability
- Next, you will need to follow the Review Plan step with on-screen instructions and confirm it.
- Similarly, you will need to provide the required information in the Schedule and Move-In
While following the above-mentioned will help you to move your services, you will also be eligible for the following benefits:
- Get your service updates and equipment to the latest version.
- Get the best price at your new address.
- Get options to browse special offers.
When Disconnecting the Cox Internet Services
If you have made up your mind and you only wish to cancel the Cox Internet Services, you can get them disconnected easily by going to the Contact Us page of Cox Internet using the URL – https://www.cox.com/residential/contactus.html. Once you are on the contact us page, you will need to browse through the support options to get your service disconnected.
NOTE: Although the company used to provide the cancellation of internet service through online chat, however, at the moment, the service is temporarily unavailable. As an alternative option, you will need to visit one of the Cox Internet Service store locations or call the Customer Care department.
Use the following information to understand how disconnecting or canceling your services may impact your billing, equipment, phone service, and email.
Know What You Should Consider When Disconnecting the Cox Internet Service
When looking to terminate your service, your bill will be calculated on a pro-rata basis. Your services will be billed only for the period in the month used before the termination. To understand this, suppose that your billing cycle runs from the 1st of the month to the end of the month, in such case, the services will be billed for the whole month when you disconnect the service before the end of the month.
In case your plan gets disconnected for non-payment services, your services will be restored once you would have made the payment.
If you need to drop off Cox equipment like modems, cable boxes, cabling, and remote controls, you can drop them at the designated Cox service locations.
If ever your phone services get disconnected for non-payment, the 911 service remains active.
- Considering that battery is installed and is completely charged, your phone service, including access to E911, will be operational for up to eight hours during a power outage.
- You will be responsible for installing, ordering, and monitoring the status of the battery.
- In case the battery indicator of the modem shows that you will need to have a battery or your battery need to be replaced, you can get it by calling 1 855 324 7700, or simply visiting the Cox retail store.
- In order to make sure that E911 dispatchers get your correct address, make sure that the installed modem is not moved within your home or to any other address.
In case you ever wish to keep messages and contacts after getting the Cox High-Speed Internet service terminated, make sure that you move your Cox Email content to another email service. Once the termination process gets completed, Cox will send a notification email to your preferred contact email address for reminding you that you will need to take action for saving or moving your Cox Email content.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to cancel your Cox Internet Services.