Canceling the AT&T service is as easy as it is to apply for a new connection. If you have decided to cancel your AT&T services because you didn’t find them useful as per your requirement, you can follow the information provided below in this guide. However, if you are canceling it due to reasons such as relocation, going on vacation, or cheaper internet plans, it is suggested to consider one of these options:
- If you are canceling the service due to relocation, you can consider looking for the AT&You’re your location. Instead of terminating, you will be able to transfer your connection to the new address.
- For Fixed Wireless Internet Connection, you will need to call 877 990 0041
- For Wireless Connection, you will need to simply change your address when moving and you are done.
- If you wish to change your service for cheaper plans, instead of canceling, you can get it changed by visiting this page (https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-tv/KM1010033).
- In case you do not wish to continue with the billing responsibility, you can transfer it to someone else by visiting this page (https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-tv/KM1052880).
- In case you are going on vacation or relocating temporarily, instead of terminating the service, you can pause the service here (https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-tv/KM1009512).
In case none of the recommendations meets your requirements, you can cancel the AT&T service by following the below-mentioned information.
Speak to an AT&T Agents
One of the ways to get your AT&T service canceled is by speaking to one of the AT&T representatives. You can connect with their agents by going to the Contact Us page on their website. Simply go to the suggested page and follow the on-screen prompts to get the service terminated right away.
Cancel AT&T Service Online
If you are using Traditional Home Phone online or residential DSL High-Speed Internet (not eligible for business accounts), you can get them canceled easily online. However, if it to be noted that if you terminate any of these services, and later wish to revoke your decision, AT&T might be unable to restore the service to your location. In case your service comes as a:
- Part of a joint bill, the rest of the service(s) will keep on getting billed unless terminated.
- Part of a grouped discount, the prices for the rest of the service may get revised to the current price for these services at that time.
- Subject to a term plan, you may have to pay an early termination fee (ETF) levied with that plan.
In order to register for an online cancellation request, you can visit the AT&T Termination (http://www.att.com/help/covid-19/cancel-service) page.
- You will need to pay a deactivation fee in case you terminate your service or if AT&T deactivates your account as you didn’t maintain the recommended programming requirements.
- According to the terms of the DIRECTV Customer Agreement, you will be billed all outstanding charges to the payment method in the file when canceling your DIRECTV service.
Additional Cancellation Terms and Conditions
- AT&T may charge additional fees and penalties in case you bought the connection through a promo and terminating it before the service commitment gets completed.
- If you are looking to get the AT&T services canceled on a holiday, it will be completed the next regular business day.
- In case you requested to get your services canceled during the weekend, it will be taken care of during the weekend operation hours of AT&T in your region.
- In case you are using an AT&T email account, you will need to wait for at least 30 to 60 days after terminating the service to get it removed.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to cancel your AT&T services.