Straight Talk is a popular service provided by America’s largest no-contract cell phone provider, TracFone Wireless Inc., with over 25 million subscribers. The Company is a subsidiary of America Movil S.A.B. de C.V (“AMX”). AMX is the pioneer of telecommunication services in Latin America. If you are a Straight Talk service customer who’s enjoying newfound freedom and savings and all of a sudden want to unlock your iPhone from Straight Talk, we will explain to you how to unlock Straight Talk iPhone.
No matter which device you use, you can leave Straight Talk to use any new carrier. iPhone users, too, can unlock their devices from Straight Talk to use any other network. So, why should you consider unlocking your iPhone from Straight Talk? Here are the top reasons –
- To Get Rid of Expensive Roaming Charges: One of the primary reasons why more and more people are now opting out of Straight Talk is its notoriously expensive roaming charges. If you, too, struggle to pay those hefty roaming charges, you can buy a prepaid SIM card from a local shop at a better rate. Awesome, isn’t it?
- Switching Service Providers: It is a great idea to stay open for other network providers – considering the fact that network providers always contend with each other, trying to outplay each other with cheaper costs, new features, etc.
- Selling Your iPhone at Better Rates: Want to sell your old iPhone and get the latest one? For that, you must not want to use a locked version. An unlocked version will fetch more money for sure.
Straight Talk would want you to pay off all your bills before switching to other networks. Once you make up your mind to unlock Straight Talk from your iPhone, here are the steps that you need to follow.
5 Important Steps to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone
Check the steps below to unlock your Straight Talk iPhone –
- #Step 1: The best way to get rid of Straight Talk or unlock Straight Talk is to dial their customer support number. Straight Talk has its professionals ready at your service round-the-clock. The agents can answer your calls, take up all your queries, and provide resolutions instantly.
- #Step 2: Since you will need your unlock code, you must ask the customer agent of Straight Talk to provide you with the unlock code. Also, make sure you meet the unlock criteria of Straight Talk.
- #Step 3: After receiving the unlock code from the customer support representative, you need to take note of it. This should be a 10-15-digit code. Keep it safe for future steps.
- #Step 4: Step four will persuade you to power down your device and then insert your new SIM card.
- #Step 5: Next, you need to power up your iPhone. You will have to wait for the instructions for the unlock code (that you have already received from the Straight Talk customer service representative). When prompted, enter the unlock code and click on the button that says “Unlock”.
You will finally receive a confirmation message.
For those who have got their phones directly from Straight Talk and are keen on unlocking them, here are certain criteria they must meet –
- Already submitted a Straight Talk unlock request.
- Minimum Straight Talk service for 1 year (or 12 months).
- The number shouldn’t have been ported or recycled.
- The TracFone handset or Straight Talk device should currently be in working condition (that was activated after Feb 2015).
In Hurry to Unlock Your iPhone? Contact a Third-Party Service
This is probably the quickest way to unlock your device when you are in a hurry. The third-party companies promise to help you with their best unlocking solutions. Check for the best and trustworthy companies that not just claim to offer the best service but should have great reviews.
Did you manage to unlock your iPhone from Straight Talk? Did you find this ‘unlock Straight Talk iPhone’ guide handy? Let us know in the comment section!