If you are looking to set up Cox Panoramic WiFi for your home or office, you can use the steps provided below to access the admin portal for configuring or changing the name and password of the WiFi network for the below-mentioned gateways.
- Arris TG1682 with item number DAR168C
- Technicolor CGM4141 with item numbers DTC4141 or DT4141
NOTE: To set up Panoramic WiFi Gateway, there are three ways to do it. This includes –
- The Panoramic Wifi app
- The web portal at wifi.cox.com
- The admin portal.
NOTE: Cox recommends using either the app and web portal to complete the setup process.
- To begin with, you will first need to connect to the gateway using any of the below-mentioned methods.
- Connect one end to the back of the gateway and the other end to the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Check the label located on the gateway’s bottom section, enter the default SSID (network name) and Password in the provided fields to connect to the WiFi.
- Next, you will need to launch a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer, and make sure to clear the cache and cookies from your web browser.
NOTE: If you are not able to be online, you will need to make sure that your gateway is activated on the Cox network. You will need to navigate to www.cox.com/activate before moving further.
- Now, in order to get to the admin portal on your web browser, you will need to enter the following address – 168.0.1.
NOTE: In case you are unable to get to the admin portal using them on any of your mobile devices, you may need to enter the complete URL in the address bar – https://192.168.0.1.
- Next, you will need to sign in using the below-mentioned steps in the open dialog box on your screen.
- Enter admin in the Username
- Similarly, in the Password field, you will need to enter “password” (without quotation and in lowercase letters).
- Once you are entering the login credentials in the provided fields, you will need to click on the login Doing so will display the “Change Password” window on your screen.
- In the “Change Password” window, you will need to update the password of your admin portal using the below-mentioned steps.
- Enter “password” (without quotation) In the current password field.
- Then in the New Password field, you will need to enter a desired password in the provided field.
- Similarly, in the re-enter New Password field, you will need to enter the new password again in the provided field.
NOTE: Make sure that you create the new password with at least a minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters, without spaces. The password is case-sensitive.
As you will be done entering the new password in the provided field, this will open up a window with a “Changes saved successfully” message. Here, you will simply need to click on the OK button. You will then need to sign in using the new password.
- Once you are on the Admin portal sign-in window, you will need to log in again using the below-mentioned steps.
- In the Username field, enter admin.
- In the Password field, enter the new password that was selected in step 6.
- Then, you will need to complete the following steps from the Gateway Home window.
- Click on the Connection option located on the left-hand side menu.
- Next, select the Wi-Fi option.
- From the Wi-Fi window that appears on your screen, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps to configure a new SSID (Network Name) and Password.
- Click on the Edit option located next to the desired network.
- Then, enter a new Network Name in the Network Name (SSID) field located under the Private Wi-Fi Network Configuration
NOTE: You will not be able to use “CoxWiFi” as the new network name because CoxWiFi hotspot uses that SSID (Network Name) already.
- Then, you will need to scroll down and enter the new password in the Network Password
- After that, you will need to click on the Save Settings
- Guest WiFi networks are unavailable.
- In order to get the best WiFi experience, Panoramic Wifi Gateway is known for using band steering, which optimizes automatically as to which WiFi band a device connects to.
- Make sure that all WiFi-ready devices recognize the single SSID and Password.
- If you wish to activate band steering, it is recommended that you use a single network name as the gateway will choose the best network automatically for every connected device.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to configure Cox Panoramic WiFi for your home or office internet use.