If you have recently purchased the Optimum Online subscription for your internet requirement but haven’t purchased a compatible Modem for it, you can follow the information provided in this guide. When looking to make the most of your Optimum Online internet services, it is important to install the most compatible modem. Below, you can find some of the best modems that are capable of bringing the best of your Optimum Online internet service.
List of Modems That Are Compatible with Optimum Online
Aris Touchstone TM1602A DOCSIS 3.0 Modem
- This modem is compatible with internet service providers such as Optimum, Time Warner / Spectrum, Charter, Cablevision, and many other modems.
- It comes with a 16×4 Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adaptor (E-MTA) which makes connectivity convenient and safe.
- The modem is known for supporting a 24×8 bonded channel cable environment.
- As the modem is capable of delivering high-speed internet of up to 960 Mbps, a user can go for a high-internet speed plan of Optimum.
Arris TM822A Touchstone Docsis 3.0 8×4 Ultra-High Speed Telephony Modem
- The Arris modem is fully compatible with DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0.
- The modem is known for offering flexible 8×4 downstream/upstream channel-bonding with greater throughput.
- The modem from Arris comes with DOCSIS 3.0 certification.
- It features both IPv4/IPv6 modes for DOCSIS CM, ideal for better connectivity and faster speed.
- The modem also comes with 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet, allowing users to connect their wired devices easily.
Netgear Nighthawk C7000 Modem Router
- Netgear Nighthawk C7000 is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that comes with a built-in router as well as a 4 Gigabit wired switch.
- The dual-band built-in router provided both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- It also features a 24×8 channel bonding, allowing the streaming of 4K HD videos effortless and also offering high speeds that you need for online gaming.
- The Netgear Beamforming+ features allow you to eliminate the dead spots throughout your place.
- The modem comprises a powerful 1.6GHz processor that lets it offer the optimum performance overall.
- Users also get parental controls throughout their network, allowing them to have greater peace of mind one needs.
Netgear CM700 Cable Modem
- If you are on a budget and looking for the best Optimum compatible modem, you can consider going for the Netgear CM700. The modem offers solid performance.
- As the CM700 has a solid design, it might seem a little heavy compared to other modems.
- Considering the size of this modem, it may run into the problem of overheating when you have not kept it ventilated properly.
- Also, as the base of the modem is less sturdy and the top is heavy, it is vulnerable to getting tipped over if placed is in a location where it might get dropped.
- The modem comes with one Gigabit Ethernet port which allows you to connect a router or other devices easily. There is no built-in router provided with this modem, so in case you want to have one, you will need to purchase it separately.
- This DOCSIS 3.0 modem features a 32×8 channel bonding to let you experience more internet speed.
- The installation of the modem doesn’t take more than 5 minutes as you only have to plug it in.
- The Netgear CM700 offers a maximum download speed of 500 Mbps, which is considered ideal for a modem, especially for users who are on a budget.
- The modem is capable of handling high-speed cable internet with speeds up to 1.4 Gbps as well.
Motorola MG7540 Modem Router Combo
- The MG7540 is a 16×4 cable modem that comes with an AC1600 dual-band built-in router that offers reliable security, greater range, and plenty of ports to connect all of your devices for uninterrupted service.
- The ports that are provided on this modem include four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, offering instant wired connections to the devices that are not compatible with a wireless connection, for example, game systems and HDTVs.
- Also, this Motorola modem comprises a Broadcom chipset, allow you to have better security from cyber attack.
- The router comes with AnyBeam Beamforming for both frequencies. This feature allows you to have full signal strength where you need it, letting you have better WiFi performance.
- While the MG7540 modem is considered ideal for internet speeds up to 375 Mbps Gigabit router is appreciated for supporting both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, providing utmost uninterrupted coverage.
So, these are the different modems that are compatible with Optimum online.