Sagemcom Fast 5260 router is known for using wireless technology which allows it to offer maximum speed and range to the users without any trouble of cumbersome wires. As Sagemcom Fast 5260 router comes with dual-band features, it is capable of supporting the latest technology while not compromising on compatibility with classic devices. Developed to handle wireless interferences, the routers from the company ensures availability of superior Wi-Fi speeds and effortless, reliable connections for HD video streaming, large-size file downloading, and gaming.
Moreover, Sagemcom Fast 5260 allows users to have complete control of access to the internet and also helps keep your network protected from intruders through WPA2 encryption and an SPI firewall. While the company does offer maximum security from their end, however, it is also necessary for a user to ensure the security of their WiFi network at their end. And the first thing you will need to ensure the security of your WiFi network is to change the password of Sagemcom Fast 5260 regularly. If you have recently purchased and installed a Sagemcom Fast 5260 router at your home but don’t know how to change the password of it, you can follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Change Sagemcom Fast Password
The local access username and password provide access to your web GUI account. It is strongly recommended not to share this information as anyone having this information can change the settings or the router or even disable the internet connection. Now, to know how to change the local access password of your Sagemcom Fast 5260 router, follow the steps provided below:
- To begin with, you will first need to log in to the web GUI.
- Once you are logged in to the web GUI, you will need to click on the Access Control This will take you to the “Access Control” window.
- In the Access Control window, you will need to select the USER
- Under the User tab, you will need to make sure that “admin” is entered for the Username If you wish to make your password visible, you will need to select the “Show Password” box.
- Now, enter the old password in the “Old Password” field and new password in the “Password” and “Confirm Password” fields.
- Once you have entered the required details in the provided fields, you will need to click on the Apply The password for your Sagemcom Fast router will be changed right away.
Locked Out of the Web GUI
When performing the above-mentioned steps, if you get locked out of the Web GUI, you can regain access to it by restoring the factory settings on your router. Once you would have restored factory default on your router, you will be able to login to the web GUI using the default username and password listed on the router label. To know how to restore your router to its factory default settings, follow the instructions provided below.
There are two ways to restore your Sagemcom Fast 5260 router to its factory default settings. These are:
- Using the WEB GUI
- Using the reset button on the router.
METHOD 1: Using the WEB GUI
- Start by logging in to the WEB GUI on your system.
- Once you are logged in, you will need to click on the Router Settings You will be taken the Router Settings section on the next screen.
- In the Router Settings section, you will need to select the Maintenance tab and then select the Backup & Restore
- Then, you will need to click on the Choose File button, browse to the file containing the factory settings, and select it.
- After selecting the file, you will need to click on the Restore Configuration Your router will be reset to its default settings.
METHOD 2: Using The Router
As the above-mentioned instructions will not work for you since you are locked out of the WEB GUI, you will need to reset your Sagemcom Fast 5260 router using the reset button provided on the device.
- On your Sagemcom Fast 5260 router, you will need to find the reset Generally, the reset button is located on the left-hand side panel of the router.
- Once you find the button, you will need to press and hold the button for 15 seconds at least to reset it to the factory settings.
- When you will be pressing and holding the reset button on your router, you will find:
- The Power indicator light located on the right-hand side of the front of the router will get turned off. This indicates that the factory reset function is in the process.
- Once the factory reset process will get completed, your router will get rebooted.
Once your router will get reset to its default settings, you will be able to log into the WEB GUI and change your password.
So, this is how you can easily change the Sagemcom Fast 5260 password and keep your WiFi network secure.