If you are looking to set up your AT&T Internet on your own, you will first need to order an AT&T self-installation kit from the company. You can purchase a self-installation code either from an authorized AT&T store, or can purchase one from the official website. However, if you have already signed up for AT&T Internet but forgot to request a self-installation kit, it is recommended to immediately contact AT&T customer support to get it mailed to your address.
Things You Get In the AT&T Self-Installation Kit
When you receive an AT&T self-installation kit mailed at your address, make sure that it includes everything you need to get going. The list includes the following equipment
- AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway (this is an AT&T modem and AT&T router in one device)
- Yellow Ethernet cable
- Green data cable
- Power cord
- Gray cable for AT&T phone service
Now, when you are assured that there is nothing missing in the self-installation kit you received, you can begin setting up your AT&T internet. While it may seem a difficult task to configure your AT&T internet on your own, it is actually quite easier than you may think. To know how to set up your AT&T Internet using the self-installation kit, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Set Up AT&T Internet Using Self-Installation Kit
- To begin with, you will first need to connect the one end of the green data cable you received in the self-installation kit to the green broadband port provided on your gateway.
- Next, you will need to connect the other end of the green data cable to your AT&T Broadband jack located in your wall.
- The next step includes connecting the black power cord from the self-installation kit to the backside of your gateway and then plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Once you are done following the above-mentioned steps, you will need to wait for a couple of minutes to let the AT&T Gateway power up. Generally, it takes approximately up to 10 minutes. You can know it is done when you find the broadband and service lights becoming solid green.
- Now, in order to set up AT&T home Wi-Fi access, you will need to sign in to your computer and select the network from the available options. Then, you will need to enter the password of your WiFi network in the prompted field. You can find the password of your WiFi network located on the yellow sticker on your gateway.
- Similarly, if you wish to have Ethernet access, you will first need to connect the yellow Ethernet cable to the yellow jack provided on your gateway. Once you are done with it, you will need to plug the other end of the yellow cable into your computer.
- When you are done entering both the ends of the yellow cable, you will be able to get access to the internet on your computer.
- You can check whether your AT&T internet is working as expected by browsing a random website on your computer or phone browser.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to set up your AT&T internet using the self-installation kit. However, if you experience any issue when trying to set up your AT&T internet, you can contact AT&T customer support by following the instructions suggested below.
- Open a web browser on your phone or computer and go to the homepage of AT&T using the URL – https://www.att.com/.
- Once you get to the homepage of AT&T on your web browser, you will need to click or tap on the Support option located near the top-right corner of the screen. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you can browse through the different assistance options to find appropriate assistance for your concern or query.
And, this is how you can easily contact AT&T customer service and seek appropriate assistance for setting up your AT&T internet.