Both Apple iPhone and iPad users can follow the steps below and learn how to set up a personal hotspot Verizon. For iPhone users looking to set up a personal hotspot, they may need to add a mobile hotspot add-on (only if the chosen plans don’t include the mobile hotspot option). Check the Verizon plan page that would intrigue you to only pay for what you need and get more of the entertainment you want.
It brings you a plethora of plans to choose from – Start Unlimited ($35 per month with taxes & fees), Play More Unlimited ($45 per month with taxes & fees), Do More Unlimited ($45 per month with taxes & fees), Get More Unlimited ($55 per month with taxes & fees), and Just Kids ($35 per month with taxes & fees).
Learn Complete Steps on How to Set Up Personal Hotspot Verizon (Apple iPhone)
Plans, such as Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited and Get More Unlimited include the mobile hotspot add-on. Here are the useful steps to help you set up a personal hotspot Verizon on your iPhone.
- Tap “Settings” from the Home screen.
Note: Access the App Library if an app isn’t available on the Home screen.
- Navigate to “Cellular”. (Personal Hotspot should appear on the main settings screen.)
- Next, you need to tap “Set Up Personal Hotspot”.
Remember, you need to visit the “My Verizon app”, “Contact us”, or “My Verizon online” to make the necessary add-on or plan change if prompted to set up the hotspot. Only the account manager or owner can add the hotspot add-on via the My Verizon app.
Note: For USB tethering, iTunes must be installed.
How to turn on/ off Personal Hotspot?
- Unlock your Apple iPhone device and go to the Home screen.
- Navigate to “Settings” and then tap “Personal Hotspot”.
- To turn on/ off, tap the “Allow Others to Join” switch.
Other Wi-Fi services will be disabled if the Personal Hotspot is turned on.
How to Adjust Personal Hotspot Settings Verizon?
Let us walk you through the below-mentioned steps if you need to adjust or manage settings for the Personal Hotspot.
- Go to “Settings” and tap “Personal Hotspot”.
- Tap the switch “Allow Others to Join”.
- Select the appropriate setting if prompted –
- Turn on Wi-Fi
- USB Only
- Tap Wi-Fi password if you wish to change the Wi-Fi password.
- After editing or changing it (the password must contain 8 characters, at least), tap “Done”.
How to Set Up Personal Hotspot Verizon (Apple iPad)?
iPad users must check the following instructions to complete the setup procedure –
- Switch on your device, i.e. iPad, and from the Home screen, navigate “Settings”.
- Then, navigate “Personal Hotspot”.
- Tap on the “Personal Hotspot switch” to turn it on/ off.
Visit “My Verizon app”, “Contact us”, or “My Verizon online” to make the necessary add-on or plan change if prompted to set up the hotspot. Only the account manager or owner can add the hotspot add-on via the My Verizon app. You may refer to the “My Verizon app – Manage Add-Ons” page for any help with add-ons.
How to Use Your Smart Device (Mobile Phone) as a Mobile Hotspot?
Why would you still be dependent on public Wi-Fi when the Verizon smartphones boast in-built hotspot features that allow you to access the Internet? Having a Verizon device is pure bliss. You need to keep a few things in mind like keeping your hotspot protected with the help of a password. Let’s unearth the steps to use your mobile phone as a mobile hotspot.
- Enable the Verizon Wireless Mobile Hotspot feature.
- Open the App Tray and click on “Mobile Hotspot”.
- Next, you need to tap the Mobile Hotspot checkbox.
- An icon should display after a few moments. It will show the availability of your next hotspot.
- You can now connect your devices (computers and other devices) using Mobile Hotspot.
After connecting through Wi-Fi, you can start working just the way you used to do before or stream live videos, or enjoy online playlists right from your smart speaker. Also, you can pair popular devices like Google Pixel 4 XL, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Apple iPhone 11 Pro, etc. with Verizon.
If you failed to set up Personal Hotspot Verizon, you may like to reach out to knowledgeable personnel who can cater to your needs. Go to the Verizon Support page and get in touch with certified technicians.